Letter Writing about an Unforgettable Incident in my life

Address :
(Sender's Address )

Dear Krishna,

I could not even think of that I would be able to write to you again.  You are aware that my parents along with me, Toni and Uncle set out for Chennai for a tour to the coastal South India on December 20, 2018,during the Christmas holidays . On the Christmas days, residing in a hotel at Tiruvottiyur in north chennai we passed the whole day in pomp and splendour.  What was store for us in the next day could not be imagined by us even in dream.  Early in the morning of December 26, we were preparing for a visit to Marina Beach at 6.33 a.m. we felt a mild tremor and all of us rushed out of the hotel rooms . Our preparation for Marina Beach was this delayed.  Our hotel was about two km from the sea. I with my uncle went out in search for a taxi at sea-shore. When I was near the seashore, I noticed the sea level rising; but I was not concerned then , because I only thought it was an unusual high tide.  After a few minutes I heard a eeric sound that I had never heard before.  It was a high pitched sound  followed by a deafening roar. We began to run for the hotel.  A huge ferocious sheets of sea water simply broke open into the coast and nothing else could be seen for a while.  Though we were a few kilometres away from the coast the sea water began to run after us. We somehow reached the hotel and saw that it was under knee-deep water. In In the hotel room my parents and younger brother ,Tony, were trembling in fear. From the evening the news of devastation and deaths began to pour in. You must have read from the news papers and seen through various TV -channels how much miseries and devastations along with thousands of deaths were brought by the earthquake and the resultant tsunami waves across the entire Indian Ocean region.  I was a witness of the madness of nature. I somehow survived the nature's onslaught to tell you such an unforgettable incident of my life.

Your Friend 
Dasu

Address :
(Receiver's Address )

Comments